Cutting Edge Law, 1335 Paseo Del Pueblo Sur, #253, Taos, NM, 87571 USA. Jkimwright@gmail.com
From Conscious Contracts to Earth Jurisprudence to Sharing Law and a dozen other approaches, many new models of law practice are emerging. These new models reflect the changing values of society and of the practitioners who choose to step out of the traditional ways of doing things.
In this workshop, we will first explore the emerging models. Then, we will delve into the framework of purpose and values which often invisibly shape our journeys and bring it into awareness. This exploration will help lawyers and other professionals to:
- Align your interactions with others, and with the legal system, to your most important values and principles. Lawyers, learn how to deliver these innovative tools to your clients and bring them value in new and expansive ways;
- Uncover the core principles that connect you to your stakeholders;
- Use those principles as a lighthouse that can guide you through decision-making and disruptive events;
- Transform events of conflict from challenges that threaten to destroy relationships to opportunities to build and strengthen them;
- Access courage to be a changemaker.
This workshop is a shorter version of the day-long programs that J. Kim Wright presents around the world. It was developed in conjunction with her two American Bar Association books: Lawyers as Peacemakers, Practicing Holistic, Problem-solving Law (ABA, 2010, Flagship book and best-seller) and Lawyers as Changemakers, The Global Integrative Law Movement (ABA, 2016, Flagship book).
Kim Wright is a trailblazer in the area of integrative law, which the American Bar Association has said just might be the “next huge wave in the legal profession.” She is the editor and publisher of CuttingEdgeLaw.com, a treasure trove of multimedia materials about conscious innovators in law.
Kim is the author Lawyers as Peacemakers, Practicing Holistic, Problem-Solving Law [ABA Publishing, April, 2010]. Her second book, Lawyers as Changemakers, The Global Integrative Law Movement was published in 2016.
In 2009, the ABA named Kim as a “Legal Rebels, finding new ways to practice law, represent their clients, adjudicate cases and train the next generation of lawyers.”
Kim’s mission is to find, connect, support, and showcase those who are working toward manifesting a new legal system, based on peacemaking, problem-solving, and healing conflicts. She leads continuing education programs and offers coaching and consulting for lawyers around the world.
Kim Wright has a Juris Doctor from the University of Florida, Levin College of Law and a Bachelor of Arts from Warren Wilson College. She maintains an active law license in North Carolina. Since 2008, she has been a full-time nomad.